Lent + Kids
Lent is an invitation drawing us into a time to inch closer to Christ by opening up room in our minds, our conversations, our routines, our activities….But how? No one size fits all, but here are a few of our favorite resources to spark your Lenten imagination.
On Sunday, March 7th, we invite you to participate in our experiential Lent Family Play & Pray event. Families can reserve a 30-minute session between 11am and 2pm to rotate through 6 guided sacred stations focused on the Lenten themes of justice, prayer, fasting, and giving and take home ideas for their own household’s observance of Lent.
And finally, we hope you continue to take advantage of these other offerings:
- SUNDAY FUNDAY BOXES packed with faith formation resources for children age 2 through 4th grade. Subscribe once and we’ll keep them coming until Kids Community resumes in person!
- ZOOM SUNDAY SCHOOL for kids ages 4-10 on the 1st & 3rd (&5th) Sundays of the month from 8:45am/9:00am-9:25am.
- NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL VIDEOS uploaded weekly below.
- FAITH FIVE weekly family devotional available for download below.
- CLUB 4.0 – Meets 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 7:00-8:00 pm on Zoom. See email for link.
- SOMETHING TO EAT FOOD PACKAGING – Schedule some family time to package food for those suffering from food insecurity at Youthfront’s Snack Shack KC: https://somethingtoeat.org/helpnow.
Virtual Sunday School
Week of March 7, 2021
Pre-K – Kindergarten
resources For a Shared Lent
Make Room: A Child's Guide to Lent and Easter
by Laura Alary
Humphrey's First Palm Sunday
by Carol Heyer
The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross
by Carl Laferton
The Story of Passover
by David A. Adler
The First Easter
by Lois Rock
Nachshon, Who Was Afraid To Swim
by Deborah Bidin Cohen
Faith five weekly devotional
5 easy steps to nurturing faith at home in 10-15 minutes. Mealtime. Bedtime. Anytime. Each week, we feature the new Kids Community Bible story texts—or you can select your own scripture passages. Either way, we love the easy-to-use format, and hope you will too!
Lent Family Play & Pray
Sunday, March 7, 11am-2pm: Families rotate through sacred stations focused on themes of justice, prayer, fasting, & giving and take home ideas to draw closer to Christ this Lent season.
4th graders are invited to gather every 2nd & 4th Tuesday to have fun connecting with Jesus & their JW friends!
Currently meeting on Zoom from 7pm-8pm.
Check email for your Zoom invite!