**SIGN UPS FOR THE COVID TESTING SITE AT JACOB’S WELL ARE NOW CLOSED. FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS (WHO ARE ASYMPTOMATIC) REQUIRING A TEST, YOU CAN SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE IN A COVID TEST AT AN ALTERNATE SITE/ LOCATION BY USING THE SAME LINK PROVIDED BELOW.
Jacob’s Well Church, east parking lot
1617 W. 42nd St., Kansas City, MO 64111
Thursday, July 23rd
Community Based Epidemiologic Surveillance Study of the COVID-19 Pandemic
You are being invited to join a research study being done through a partnership between Dr. Kevin Sykes at the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) and Heart to Heart International with support from [insert site name here]. Being in this study is optional. You can decide not to participate or stop at any time.
Why is this study being done?
Essential workers who are working during the outbreak of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) often do not have access to tests for the virus, especially if they do not have symptoms of the disease. We would like to provide free tests to these workers who may be moving around the community without knowing if they are or are not infected with the virus. The questions answered in the survey will help researchers understand more about how concerned essential workers are about contracting the virus, plus how and where they are moving through the community for work and personal reasons. Knowing this information will provide employers, community leaders, and policymakers with better evidence as they make decisions about re-opening businesses or activities. Finally, this information will help the workers to know how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
What am I being asked to do?
- Complete an online registration and survey about your medical history, symptoms, COVID-19 exposures, and living and working environments (15 minutes or less).
- Allow the research team to access your COVID-19 testing results.
- This study will have no influence on your employment and your employer will not receive any information or identifiable data from your surveys.
- This study involves one trip to a mobile COVID-19 testing site selected in partnership with your employer.
- The study will not cost you anything and you will not be paid for participation.
You can register to participate in the study by: